The AMP dividend reinvestment plan (DRP) is a convenient way for shareholders to increase their AMP shareholding, without paying brokerage or other transaction costs. Instead of receiving each dividend in cash, the dividend is reinvested to buy more AMP shares.
Features of the plan
- Save on transactional costs - pay no brokerage or other costs on shares allocated under this plan.
- Increase your shareholding - the plan is an easy and convenient way to increase your AMP shareholding.
- Shares rank equally - all shares allocated through the plan rank equally with existing shares.
- Your participation is optional - you can participate, vary your participation or withdraw from the plan at any time.
- Dividend notices - you'll still receive a dividend notice giving details of any new shares allocated under this plan and all the information you require for your tax returns.
Who can join the plan?
All Australian and New Zealand resident AMP shareholders may join. To qualify as a resident shareholder you must have a registered address in, and be a resident of, Australia or New Zealand at the relevant record date.
Is participation optional?
Yes - the decision is entirely yours.
Can I reinvest just some of my dividends?
Yes - simply tell us how many of your shares you want to participate in the plan subject to the maximum participation level. The balance of your dividend will be paid in cash.
How do I participate?
Read this DRP booklet and apply online by following the instructions below.
- Click on the login to my shareholding button at the top right of the screen.
- You will be taken to the Computershare Investor Centre where you can follow the prompts to login as either an existing or new user.
- Once you are logged in, click on my profile on the right hand side under your name and select the information you wish to update.
If necessary, consult your financial adviser before participating. The first time you log into your shareholding online you will need your AMP holder number. You can find this in the top right corner of your hard copy AMP dividend statement. If you can't find your holder number, the AMP Investor Relations team can help. You can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 1800 245 500 (Australia) or +612 9257 9009 (other countries). You will need to provide your name, date of birth, phone number and the address on your shareholding.
If you do not want to join online, you can download and print a PDF of the DRP form. Complete and mail it to the address on the form. Please allow plenty of time for the form to be delivered by post and processed prior to the record date.
When will my dividend reinvestment start?
If your application form is received before the next record date, your reinvestment starts with that dividend payment.
Is there a maximum participation level?
No. Currently there is no limit on participation. However, the directors may at their discretion impose a limit on participation from time to time.
What if I have more than one AMP shareholding?
You'll need to complete separate forms for each shareholding. To make it easier to manage your shareholding, you may want to combine your shareholdings. Please contact the AMP share registry for details about combining your shareholdings.