The AMP dividend reinvestment plan (DRP) is a convenient way for shareholders to increase their AMP shareholding, without paying brokerage or other transaction costs. Instead of receiving each dividend in cash, the dividend is reinvested to buy more AMP shares. The DRP does not operate for special dividends.
Features of the plan
- Save on transactional costs - pay no brokerage or other costs on shares allocated under this plan.
- Increase your shareholding - the plan is an easy and convenient way to increase your AMP shareholding.
- Shares rank equally - all shares allocated through the plan rank equally with existing shares.
- Your participation is optional - you can participate, vary your participation or withdraw from the plan at any time.
- Dividend notices - you'll still receive a dividend notice giving details of any new shares allocated under this plan and all the information you require for your tax returns.
Who can join the plan?
All Australian and New Zealand resident AMP shareholders may join. To qualify as a resident shareholder you must have a registered address in Australia or New Zealand at the relevant record date.
Is participation optional?
Yes - the decision is entirely yours.
Can I reinvest just some of my dividends?
Yes - simply tell us how many of your shares you want to participate in the plan subject to any minimum or maximum participation level that AMP may impose from time to time. The balance of your dividend will be paid in cash.
How do I participate?
Read the DRP booklet and apply online by following the instructions below. If necessary, consult your financial adviser before participating
- Click on the login to my shareholding button at the top right of the screen.
- You will be taken to the Computershare Investor Centre where you can follow the prompts to login as either an existing or new user.
- Once you are logged in, click on my profile on the right hand side under your name and select the information you wish to update.
- If you know your holder number/SRN, you can also enrol in the dividend reinvestment plan online at the following link: www.amp.com.au/shares/easyupdate
The first time you log into your shareholding online you will need your AMP holder number. You can find this in the top right corner of your hard copy AMP dividend statement. If you can't find your holder number, the AMP Investor Relations team can help. You can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 1800 245 500 (Australia) or +612 8364 6053 (other countries). You will need to provide your name, date of birth, phone number and the address on your shareholding.
If you do not want to join online, you can download and print a PDF of the DRP form. Complete and mail it to the address on the form. Please allow plenty of time for the form to be delivered by post and processed prior to the record date.
When will my dividend reinvestment start?
If your application is received before the last election date as determined by AMP's directors with respect to a dividend payment, your reinvestment starts with that dividend payment.
Is there a minimum or maximum participation level?
No. Currently there are no limits on participation. However, the directors may at their discretion impose a limit on participation from time to time.
What if I have more than one AMP shareholding?
You'll need to complete separate applications for each shareholding. To make it easier to manage your shareholding, you may want to combine your shareholdings. Please contact the AMP share registry for details about combining your shareholdings.